Tuesday 26 February 2013

READER'S BLOCK

There was a time when I could read a book in a day, and complete a series in as many books as it had. And now, somehow because of my way too busy schedule
(no its not an excuse, Let me spell it for you:
COLLEGE
TUITION
NGO
INTERNSHIP
SELF STUDY
IRRITATING ROOMMATE
WATCHING GREY"S ANATOMY SEASON FINALE
HOMEWORK ugh.)
I rarely can sit 2 hours straight to just course through the pages of my book . Its hard. And it led me to think, is there something called reader's block too?(Its been 2 weeks, since I am stuck on a single book, and no it isn't a boring book, there is no such thing as a boring book) And it turns out there is. I couldnt finish the last 200 pages of a 800 page book I just couldn't. And you must imagine how it makes me feel like my world is falling apart. I was literally in tears just because I couldn't finish a book forget in a day even in 10. So I searched through google and found I am not the the only one. So if it has happened with you, here are the remedies for it, the cure to that awful, almost cruel, problem:

Try reading correction re-reading something you love

If you are already stressed and are reading a heavy book, take up a light trashy one( something with sex gossip humor and drunk incidents)

Wait it out: wait and when you feel inspired to read a book you'll be able to finish it.

Cut off all communication with the world: Just lock yourself in the room and read sit through and read.

Meditate: it will calm you down and you'll be in a more relaxed state.

Dance it out, run it out, sing it out, cry it out: same reason as for meditating.

Try remembering how elated you feel when you first read your favorite book.

And last but not the least Do Not Be Disheartened.

I still make sure I read, even if its a page, a chapter or maybe 10, I still read and that is something that brings me as much pleasure as it always have even if I haven't been able to finish a book in 2 weeks. Reading is still my breath of fresh air in the world where the walls around you just keep closing you down. Reading still gives me hope.

Farewell my imaginary fanbase, Keep reading (as will I) 

No comments:

Post a Comment