Sunday 3 February 2013

LONE WOLF

I recently finished reading my one of the top 10 fav authors of all time, JODI PICOULT'S
LONE WOLF.

I remember when I read my first Jodi Picoult, My sister's keeper long before the movie came out which sucked though I usually enjoy Cameron Diaz's work but the movie was disappointing, As they say "never judge a book by its movie".  I must have been 15 or something, and I finished the book in 2 sittings with tears streaming down my face and after that first book , there was no looking back, I bought any Jodi book I could find in a small town that I belonged to before shifting to Delhi, I told the shopkeeper to get any book he can of hers and I bought all. What I love about Jodi is how she takes a tough moral choice and weave a beautiful story around it. Once you are done with Jodi's books, its hard to get back to reality, because you are still living the character's life.



And as expected Jodi's Lone Wolf also engrosses the reader as she poses the question of whether a life in a vegetative state is a life worth or not! The protagonist Luke Warren is involved in a car accident, which leaves him in a vegetative state, his daughter wants to save him and his son wants to let him go. What will you choose?  Its a yet another morally difficult question, she compares the emotional attachment to a patient in such state and the medical reality of the same. Though I enjoyed reading Lone Wolf, it is not Jodi's best work. Personally I felt it was hurried. It lacked the certain depth that engulfed me in, in her previous books. The best part about the books were the narrative chapters of Luke Warren which we later find out is an autobiographical account of his life with wolves. As I read the whole book, the thing I was most fascinated about was "WOLVES" and how they function, which Jodi covered remarkably. I am pretty sure I will pick up a book solely dedicated to wolves and go through it since Jodi opened a totally unknown territory to me. I never knew those facts about these majestic creatures and neither did I know how a pack functioned. It simply let me breathless. To read about humans and animals side by side, was an enthralling experience. And it again conforms that if we live by the nature, if we let go of ego and trust unconditionally, we will be able to appreciate the gift of life more fully.
Lone Wolf is a good book but not a great one but it definitely deserves one read from you all!

Order this book here.

You can follow me on twitter too!
And send me the name of the book you would want me to review and I will oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment